Egg in a basket - egg in a bread
Often known by many different names this recipe is prepared in no time and is perfect for a quick breakfast or brunch with your family. It consists in a sunny side up egg cooked inside a frame of savory brioche, bagel or a slice of toasted bread. The yolk remains soft and creamy while the bread is crispy and hot.
For 1 Person(s)
- 1 slice of bread (thick about 1 - 2 cm)
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
Egg in a basket - egg in a bread Directions
- Take a slice of bread or a savory brioche. Put a glass upside down in the middle of the slice and with the help of a knife cut out a disc of bread along the rim of the glass.
- In a pan heat oil with butter. Place the slice of bread in the pan and gently break one egg into the hole you created. Add salt and pepper and cook the egg, on high heat for 2 minutes on each side, being careful not to break the yolk while flipping the slice over.
- Serve immediately along with the bread disc, you cut earlier, toasted in a pan, and a mixed salad of your liking.
I toast my bread in the pan for a couple of minutes on each side then I break my egg in the hole.. C...
See Full Review >> - FranK