Roasted tomato salsa
Spicy, smoky and tasty. This sauce is perfect with fries, sandwiches, and crunchy snacks. A healthy homemade version of a tex-mex store bought salsa.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 500 g of small tomatoes (I used Piccadilly tomatoes)
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 chili pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp (or more) lime or lemon juice
- 1 tsp salt
Roasted tomato salsa Directions
- Rinse the tomatoes. Cut them in half and remove the seeds using a teaspoon. Place the tomatoes (skin up), garlic and coarsely chopped onion on a baking sheet lined with baking paper.
- Preheat the broiler in your oven. Broil the tomatoes (insert the pan directly under the broiler) until the skins begin to blacken (about 5 - 7 minutes).
- Transfer the vegetables into a blender, add salt and fresh chili peper to taste, then blend into a smooth puree. Transfer in a heatproof bowl and let cool down at room temperature.
(diet, vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free)
Love this salsa! It was so easy to make and I like that you can control the spice. Can't wait to m...
See Full Review >> - KellyF