Aioli - garlic mayonaisse
Do not be fooled by the peculiar name - aioli is nothing more than a very tasty garlic mayonnaise. Handmade in no time adds an extra flavor to potato chips, mini calzone or snacks.
For 4 Person(s)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg
- 0.5 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 cup vegetable oil (I used sunflower oil)
- 3 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
Aioli - garlic mayonaisse Directions
- Put garlic, mustard and egg into the bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment.
- Blend it all for about 10 seconds. Slowly add the olive oil in a thin stream, blend then add the other type of vegetable oil and blend again.
- Continue until you have poured all of the oil into the mixerl and the mayonnaise is light and frothy. At this point add the lemon juice and salt. Blend again briefly to incorporate everything. Transfer to a bowl and let rest in the refrigerator for at least half an hour before serving. The aioli can be stored in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
I made this to go with sweet potato fries. It was my first time trying my hand at aioli, and it turn...
See Full Review >> - foodisnice