Spiced caramel syrup for panna cotta, pancakes and ice cream
This DIY caramel syrup is perfect for garnishing various types of desserts such as panna cotta, vanilla pudding, ice cream and pancakes. In the picture you see the salty caramel syrup but it is equally good spiced with cinnamon, dry ginger, cardamom or with the addition of lemon juice.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 0.75 cup warm water
- 0.5 tsp sea salt or 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon or 2 teaspoons of lemon juice
Spiced caramel syrup for panna cotta, pancakes and ice cream Directions
- In a pot pour the sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Mix well and turn on the flame.
- Bring the sugar to a boil.
- Lower the flame and cook over medium - low heat for about 10 minutes or until the sugar turns into a beautiful yellow - amber color.
- At this point turn off the heat. Being very careful not to burn yourself pour another 1/4 cup of hot water and stir. The reaction is quite strong, you have to be very careful. Add the remaining water, salt or dry spice of your choice or lemon juice. Stir well, turn on the flame and cook for another 3 - 4 minutes. Wait until the liquid becomes warm then pour it in a bottle or a can.
I always have problems with making caramel. These one comes out perfect. Thx. Next time I'll make a ...
See Full Review >> - Beatrix