Have you ever tried to do homemade peanut butter? You won't guess how easy it is to get a creamy, delicious and healthy peanut butter. Add a little honey, add a little sea salt, or nothing at all. Few ingredients and few steps to follow.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 2 cups peanuts (shell on)
- 0.5 tsp sugar or honey (optional)
- 0.5 tsp salt (optional)
Peanut butter Directions
- To get some great nutty flavour you need to prepare your peanuts. I have used peanuts with shells but you can also use shelled ones. Peel your peanuts by hand then preheat your oven to 180°C. Spread the peanuts on a baking tray making sure that they are on one layer so that they get cooked evenly. Bake them for about 10 minutes, shaking the pan few times, until they are golden brown.
- Transfer your peanuts into food processor and turn it on. Depending on your food processor's power it will take from 5 to 10 minutes to make your peanut butter. During this time, you'll see the peanuts go in stages from crumbs to a thick mass to a smooth and creamy peanut butter. If you prefer you can add some sugar, honey, molasses or salt into your peanut butter. I personally prefer adding nothing and sticking to all natural nutty flavour.
- You can store this peanut butter in fridge for about 3 months or less if your're keeping it at room temperature.
Yey! I am all about homemafe peanut butter. I always make 2 batches. 1 salty for my hubby and one wi...
See Full Review >> - Sonja