Sweet and sour chutney with pineapple and five spices
This sweet and sour chutney is made with fresh pineapple, apples and ginger. Enriched with a mixture of 5 spice powder* (fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise) this slightly spicy chutney is perfect with seasoned cheeses, fish and meat.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 460 g fresh pineapple (weight of peeled pineapple)
- 2 apples (me Golden Delicious)
- 1 piece (about 4 cm) fresh ginger
- 100 ml apple cider vinegar
- 50 g brown sugar
- fresh chilli pepper to taste
- 1 generous tsp 5 spice powder (me Italian Cannamela powder)
- 2 tsp mustard
- 1 pinch salt
Sweet and sour chutney with pineapple and five spices Directions
- For this recipe I used 5 spices blend by Cannamela. This blend of Asian origin is perfect to prepare recipes with meat, fish, spicy vegetables but also to prepare cakes and desserts. The mixture consists of fennel, cinnamon, cloves, pepper and star anise.
- Peel the fruit and cut it into cubes. Use a teaspoon to peel the ginger and cut it in half. Put everything in a pot and add rest of the ingredients. Stir and turn the heat on.
This recipe was sponsored by Cannamela - company specialized in the production and distribution of spices from all over the world.