Polish cucumbers pickled in brine
These traditional Polish pickled cucumbers in brine are a short term fermented side dish that normally is prepered during summer period. Full of bold flavors and fragrant.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 0.5 kg cucumbers* (see photo)
- 1 liter water
- 1 generous tbsp salt (regular mineral salt, you can't use sea salt)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp dill seeds (or bether 1 flower and some pieces of stem)
Polish cucumbers pickled in brine Directions
- * For this recipe you need to look for cucumbers with protrusions over the skin, not the smooth ones.
- Sterilize glass jars with boiling water. Wash well all cucumbers. For each jar you are going to use put 2 cloves of garlic and a teaspoon of dill seeds or even better a dill flower and some stems. Fill the jar with cucumbers as tightly as possible. Bring a liter of water to a boil and add a spoonful of salt (do not use sea salt). Cool down the water and then use it to cover the cucumbers completely. In case the cucumbers come to the surface you have to weigh them with a cup or a plate to make them be completely immersed in brine. After 2 days the cucumbers are ready to be consumed. To be eaten within 3 to 4 days.
That's how I make my pickles, I also add a few mini carrots and large sliced celery for extra flavor...
See Full Review >> - Hannah