This particular jam with its intense color is very sweet and fragrant. Excellent filling for tarts, croissants or to enjoy it with cheese on a bruschetta.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 kg of ripe persimmons
- 150 g (or more) sugar (depends on the sweetness of persimmons)
- 1 apple
- 0.5 tbsp vanilla extract
- 0.5 lemon (only the juice)
Persimmon jam Directions
- Peel, core and roughly chop the apple. Clean the persimmons, remove the skin, the leafs and the inner filaments.
- In a thick - bottomed saucepan combine apple pieces and persimmon pulp. Depending on the sweetness and ripeness of the fruit add the right amount of sugar, vanilla extract and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil. Lower the flame and cook all together about 40 minutes stirring frequently. Be careful not to burn the sugar at the bottom of the pan or you’ll have to start over.
- Transfer boiling hot spread to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect.
(vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free)
Good - Gluppo