Banana, coconut and pinapple jam
Sweet and delicious. A perfect combination for pancakes, crepes or to be used as a frosting. It does not require any addition of sugar. The recipe has been adapted from Moje Wypieki.
For 2 Batch(es)
- 1 can of pineapple
- 4 not too ripe bananas
- 0.25 cup dried coconut or coconut milk
- 3 tbsp (or more) lemon juice
Banana, coconut and pinapple jam Directions
- In a thick-bottomed saucepan combine the pineapple with its juices and dried coconut (or coconut milk). I recommend the coconut milk if you would like to use this jam later as a addition to a frosting or in a smooth desserts.
- Blend it all with a hand blender. Add chopped bananas and lemon juice.
- Turn on the heat and bring to a boil. Lower the flame and, stirring frequently, cook until the bananas melt and the mixture will have the consistency of a thick jam.
- Transfer boiling hot spread to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect.
this is so yummy. my kid loves it with cookies - Cassie Rol