Apple and pumpkin spread
This apple and pumpkin jam embodies the scents of autumn. Sweet and tasty, it is perfect for pancakes, waffles, cakes and it's excellent as a sauce for savory dishes (eg roast chicken ).
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 g pumpkin puree
- 4 medium apples (not too sweet)
- 3 tbsp (or more) brown sugar
- pinch of nutmeg
- 0.25 tsp cinnamon
- 0.5 lemon (the zest)
Apple and pumpkin spread Directions
- Peel, core and roughly chop the apples. Stir together the fruit, sugar, spices and zest in a heavy bottom pan.
- Cover the pan and cook on medium heat, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Add the pumpkin and using a stand blender or immersion blender, puree the mixture until smooth. Return the mixture to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally about 15 - 20 minutes, until the mixture has thickened.
Transfer boiling hot spread to sterile, airtight containers. Close the lid and turn the jars upside down to create the vacuum effect. You can also let cool completely and refrigerate up to 5 days or freeze up to 3 months.
looks yummy. i will add a lot of cinnamon in it. i love cinnamon - Michael Solonom