Turkish red lentil soup
Red lentil soup inspired by a traditional Turkish recipe. Dense, creamy, tasty and fragrant. Easy, creamy, and healthy soup that will warm up your soul and body in any cool autumn days.
For 4 Person(s)
- 200 g red lentils
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 medium potato
- 1 big carrot
- 3 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 8 fresh mint leaves or 1 tsp dry mint
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 pinch chili powder
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 700 ml water
- salt to taste
Turkish red lentil soup Directions
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add chopped onion and cook for about 3 minutes, then add sliced garlic and diced carrot then cook for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add tomato sauce, cumin, paprika, thyme and mint (if fresh then chop the leaves), chilli powder, a pinch of salt and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix in previously rinsed lentils and diced potatoes.
- Combine vegetable broth and water and cook on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the potatoes are soft and the lentils begin to dissolve.
Im making this right now just wanted to check if i had all the ingredients this is one of my favorit...
See Full Review >> - Cristina Dall