Botwinka - Polish beet greens soup
This soup is inspired by a classicPolish soup - botwinka. The earthy flavor of beet greens blends perfectly with the delicate flavor of vegetable broth enriched by the sweetness of the cream and the acidity of the lemon juice.
For 3 Person(s)
- 500 g potato
- 300 g (or more) beet greens
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 liter vegetable broth
- 1 big carrot
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 100 ml cream
- 0.5 lemon (or more) (only the juice)
- salt and pepper to taste
Botwinka - Polish beet greens soup Directions
- Cook the potatoes with their skin on in salted water until they are tender. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the oil, add the garlic and cook without burning it for a couple of minutes. Pour the broth into the pot and add the grated carrot (use the grater with large holes). Turn up the heat and bring to a boil.
- Once the broth boils, add the coarsely chopped beet greens (previously rinsed). Use only the tender young stems.
- Cook over medium - low heat for about 20 minutes or until the greens are tender. Towards the end of the cooking add the Worcestershire sauce.
- Turn off the heat. Add the cream and the lemon juice.
I like ur style. Im cooking beets like this today! - Nancy Lemmus