Asparagus soup with crispy prosciutto
During the season for fresh green asparagus this soup is a must in my home because it is prepared quickly with few easy steps and is very tasty. The crispy prosciutto is a salty addition, perfect with this kind of delicate soup.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spring onions
- 0.25 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 large potato
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli powder
- salt to taste
- few slices of italian prosciutto
Asparagus soup with crispy prosciutto Directions
- To create the crispy prosciutto lay some strips of this italian ham on a baking pan. Turn on the grill in your oven and place the pan directly under the broiler for a few minutes or until the fat melts and the prosciutto is crispy and toasted. Take the pan out carefully and set aside until the ham cools down.
- In a saucepan melt butter and oil. Add sliced garlic clove and 2 spring onions (only the white and light green parts). Cook on medium heat for a few minutes or until the onions are soft.
- Add the peeled potatoes cut coarsely into wedges and cook all on high heat, stirring often, for few more minutes.
- Add the broth and asparagus previously cleaned (rinse and eliminate hard stems) and cut into smaller pieces. Add ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg, a pinch of cayenne pepper or a dash of chilli powder. Bring to a boil on high heat, then reduce the heat and simmer the soup until the potatoes are tender, for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Blend it all with the immersion blender or regular blender, taste and add salt if necessary. Serve hot with crispy prosciutto and a drizzle of olive oil.
the crispy prosciutto made my day. I've made it with another type of sopu though - alexander francis