Leek, potatoes and rosmary dense soup
A thick creamy soup of leeks and potatoes with the distinguishing scent of fresh rosemary . Its velvety texture and delicate flavor is a perfect meal solution for cold winter days .
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 leek
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tbsp butter
- 600 g potatoes
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp (or to taste) salt
- 2 - 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- pepper to taste
Leek, potatoes and rosmary dense soup Directions
- Melt butter in a pot, add fresh rosemary, olive oil and garlic. Cook over medium - low heat for a few minutes.
- Add the leek, cut into rounds (use the white parts and very clear green ones). Cook over medium heat until the leek begins to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the potatoes, previously washed, peeled and cut into small pieces. Stir and cook over medium heat for 1 minute then add the water, which should cover everything about 2-3 cm above the level of the vegetables.
- Cook all until the potatoes are tender. Discard rosemary branches (leave the needles) and blend everything with the immersion blender or stand mixer until the soup has the consistency of thick cream. Serve immediately.
it is more like a mashed potatoes. not really a soup. it tastes good anyway - komar