Creamy pumpkin, ginger and coconut soup
This pumpkin soup is a delicious and creamy. Flavored with ginger and coconut, warms up all gloomy days.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 piece (about 5 cm) of fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 medium potatoes
- 400 g of pumpkin
- 0.5 l of water
- 200 ml of coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.5 tsp of garam masala (optional)
- 1 piece of fresh hot chili pepper
Creamy pumpkin, ginger and coconut soup Directions
- Peel ginger, garlic and potatoes. Peel and clean the pumpkin.
- In a pot heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Add chopped ginger and garlic and cook for 2 minutes on low heat. Cut the potatoes into wedges and add to the pot along with a piece of fresh chili pepper. Cook everything, stirring often for 2 minutes.
- Chop your pumpkin into smaller pieces and add it to the pot along with 1/2 l of water. Add salt and pepper and cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes or until potatoes and pumpkin are soft. If you like, at this point add a half teaspoon of garam masala mixed spice.
- Remove from heat. If you do not prefer your soup to be too spicy remove the ginger pieces and chili pepper. Blend it all with the immersion blender or stand mixer. Add the coconut milk, taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary.
- Bring back to a boil and serve hot.
(diet, vegetarian, gluten free, lactose free)
This was so yummy! Thank you :) - giggles