Easy and quick vegetarian lasagna
This vegetarian lasagna is easy and quick to prepare. The classic meat sauce is replaced by the red sauce* with lentils. All accompanied by homemade bachamel sauce and melted cheese.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 0.5 red onion
- 1 can lentils
- 500 ml tomato passata (I used Italian Pomi passata)
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper to taste
- Worcestershire sauce to taste
- 250 g fresh lasagna sheets
- 200 g mixed cheese of your choice (I used mozzarella and scamorza)
- grated parmesan cheese
- 500 ml bechamel sauce
Easy and quick vegetarian lasagna Directions
- For this recipe I used Pomì L + passata - tomato passata with 50% more lycopene. It turned out to be dense, fragrant and full of flavor. With an intense and bright red color.
- For this recipe I used previously prepared 500 ml of bechamel sauce. I used 50 grams of butter, 50 grams of flour and 500 ml of milk. The recipe for how to prepare the classic bechamel sauce can be found here.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add onion, carrot and celery previously cut into small cubes. Cook for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- Add previously drained and rinsed lentils. Cook over medium heat for another minute or two while stirring continuously.
- Add tomato passata, bay leaf and a few drops of Worcestershire sauce. Stir and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens and does not become aromatic - about 10 minutes. Taste and adjust with salt and pepper and Worcestershire sauce if necessary. Discard the bay leaf.
- In a rectangular pan (35 x 20) add a layer of tomato sauce, cover with fresh lasagna sheets. Create the lasagna by alternating bechamel, lentil sauce, sliced cheese and pasta.
- Cover your lasagna with the rest of the bechamel and lentil sauce and add grated Parmesan cheese.
This recipe comes from the collaboration with Pomì - a company specialized in the production of tomato passata, paste, sauce and special products based on high quality tomato.