Durum wheat pasta with egg and lemon cream, pumpkin and sage
A dish with delicate but surprising flavours. A union of fresh homemade pasta made from durum wheat flour laid on a bed of amazing egg, parmesan cheese and lemon oil* cream. The addition of pumpkin and crispy sage makes this dish perfect for special occasions and holiday dinners.
For 2 Person(s)
Ingredients for homemade pasta
- 200 g durum wheat flour
- 140 ml (or less) warm water
- 1 big egg
- 1 tbsp lemon olive oil (I used Ursini brand)
- 15 g grated Parmesan cheese
- 140 g butternut pumpkin
- fresh sage leaves
- 0.25 tsp (or more) salt
- ground pepper
- extra virgin olive oil (I used Ursini brand)
- lemon olive oil to taste
Durum wheat pasta with egg and lemon cream, pumpkin and sage Directions
- For this recipe I used 2 types of olive oil from the Ursini company. The first oil that I used is lemon scented olive oil. It has a very fragrant taste and it is rich in color, perfect for this type of preparation. The second used oil is Tandem. This oil is characterized by its bright, intense and fresh flavor.
- Peel the pumpkin and cut it into very small cubes. In a non-stick pan, heat a few tablespoons of olive oil. Fry the sage leaves for a few seconds on both sides, then take them out and let them cool on a paper towel. At this point add the pumpkin into the same pan and sprinkle it with salt and pepper. Cook on high heat until the pumpkin is completely cooked (a few minutes) and then let it cool on a paper towel.
- Put the egg in the pan with cold water. Turn on the flame and cook the egg 8 minutes once the water begins to boil. Once cooked and cooled completely, take off the shell and blend together with parmesan cheese, 1 tablespoon of lemon oil, and a few tablespoons of the water from the boiling pasta. The cream should be smooth and not runny. If you do not have the lemon oil available, I suggest you use the same quantity of good quality olive oil mixed with some lemon zest.
- Knead durum wheat flour gradually adding warm water until it is elastic and smooth but not sticky. Wrap the dough in the plastic wrap and let it rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Helping yourself with more semolina if necessary, roll out the dough to a thickness of a few millimetersand and using the appropriate tool, cut out dough flowers. Cook in boiling salted water for 2 - 3 minutes.
This recipe comes from the collaboration with Ursini - company specialized in production of high quality olive oil and food products.
So I made egg cream that I used with gnocchi. It was pretty yummy. Going to make it again for sure. ...
See Full Review >> - Tabbi