Spelt pasta salad with chickpeas and green olives
This recipe for pasta salad is quick and easy to prepare. A mixture of spelt* pasta together with chickpeas, green olives, celery stalk and lemon zest creates fresh, light and nutritious dish. Perfect meal for first hot days of summer.
For 2 Person(s)
- 180 g spelt pasta (I used pasta made by Bartolini)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 celery stalk
- 40 g green olives
- 1 small handful parsley leaves
- 1.5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp chives or spring onions (green parts)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 0.5 lemon (only the zest)
- salt and pepper to taste
Spelt pasta salad with chickpeas and green olives Directions
- For this recipe I used giant spelt fusilli made by Bartolini.
- Cook your pasta following the instructions on the box, drain, add a drop of olive oil, stir and let it cool down.
- Combine previously drained chickpeas, chopped celery stalk, sliced green olives, chopped parsley leaves and chives or spring onion (green parts only).
- Mix olive oil with apple cider vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper. Add prepared mix and pasta into the olives and stir, then add tlemon zest and stir again.
*This recipe was born thanks to the collaboration with Bartolini - an Italian company that produces high quality food products: extra virgin olive oil, pasta, legumes and cereals, polenta and flour.