Spicy broccoli and green olives pasta salad
A combination of green olives*, a slightly crunchy spiced broccoli, red onion and cellery. Rich and flavourful, unusual pasta salad.
For 4 Person(s)
- 300 g broccoli
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 0.5 tsp cayenne pepper or chili pepper
- 1 tsp thyme
- 3 tbsp (or more) olive oil
- salt to taste
- 160 g small pasta (me orzo pasta)
- 80 g green olives (me Citres olives)
- 1 tbsp (or more) olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 small red onion
- 1 cellery stalk
- parsley leaves
Spicy broccoli and green olives pasta salad Directions
- Divide the broccoli into florets and cut them in half. Mix 3 tablespoons of oil with curry powder, turmeric, thyme, cayenne pepper and salt. Combine the florets and and stir to spread the vegetable with prepared mix. Place the broccoli on a baking tray covered with baking paper and cook in a preheated static oven at 180 ° C for about 25 minutes. Take out from the oven and let it cool down.
- Cook the pasta following the manufacturer's instructions. Drain and combine 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Mix and set aside to cool down. Meanwhile, chop the onion, mix it with vinegar and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the olives, and celery stalk and chop some parsley leaves. Stir together the pasta with broccoli and the rest of the ingredients and serve.
* This post was born thanks to the collaboration with the company Citres - excellent Italian pickled food products.
Loved it. Perfectly balanced - Gerry