Spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and lemon pesto
A simple and delicious sauce for pasta. It can be prepared in a few minutes and is so full of flavor. Through the use of sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil you can prepare it all year. The addition of walnuts combines two types of pesto that are a perfect match together and the lemon zest gives it a touch of freshness.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 8 (or more) walnuts
- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- lemon zest to taste
- 100 g sun-dried tomatoes in oil
- extra virgin olive oil (I used 3 tbsp)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 300 g speghetti pasta
- capers (optional)
Spaghetti with sun-dried tomatoes, walnuts and lemon pesto Directions
- Cook the spaghetti al dente following the manufacturer's instructions.
- Put the basil, garlic, grated Parmesan cheese, walnuts, drained sun-dried tomatoes and some lemon zest in a blender.
- Blend all the ingredients and gradually add the olive oil to get the desired consistency. Taste, regulate with salt and pepper and blend again.
This is my husband's all time favorite recipe! Thank you - Ellen from California