Pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce
A simple, tasty and healthy recipe. This pumpkin sauce is quick and easy to prepare, creamy and dense, sweet yet salty thanks to the addition of grated parmesan cheese.
For 1 Person(s)
- 150 g pumpkin
- 50 g pasta
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 small garlic clove
- 2 tbsp milk
- salt to taste
- nutmeg to taste
- olive oil to taste
Pasta with creamy pumpkin sauce Directions
- In a saucepan boil some water, add peeled pumpkin and cook it until it becomes tender.
- Boil the water with very little or no salt. Add the pasta and cook according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- In a pan, pour a little oil (I put 2 teaspoons). Add the previously chopped garlic and cook for a minute. Add the pumpkin, mash it with a fork and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the milk, Parmesan cheese, nutmeg then stir and cook for another minute.
- If the sauce is too thick add a few tablespoons of the cooking water from the pasta (2 tablespoons in my case). Taste and add some salt if necessary.
- Add the cooked pasta, sautè for another minute and serve.
My son is the pumpkin lover at my house. Must try this one! I'll let you know. - Geniece White