Pasta with wakame, fresh ginger and tuna
The sun light and the scent of sea trapped in a pasta dish. A union of fresh flavors of lime and ginger and the scent of the sea thanks to the Wakame seaweed and tuna. Fast and delicious summer pasta dish.
For 2 Person(s)
- 200 g penne pasta
- 1 tbsp dry wakame seaweed
- 1 piece (about 2 cm) fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 can of tuna (65 g)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp (or more) lime or lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
Pasta with wakame, fresh ginger and tuna Directions
- Cook the pasta in salted, boiling water according to the manufacturer's timing. Drain and set aside.
- Take one tablespoon of dried wakame and put them in warm water for 5 min until it swells. Squeeze and chop roughly.
- In a pan pour some olive oil. Combined with finely chopped garlic and fresh ginger and cook for 2 - 3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add previously drained tuna and the seaweed. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and the drained pasta. Cook over high heat for 1 minute. Squeeze some lime juice over the pasta and serve.
Although I don't prefer canned tuna, this pasta dish was pretty good. - jennyg