Pasta with cream cheese, smoked salmon and spinach
Quick and easy pasta with smoked salmon, spinach and cream cheese. Very useful recipe especially when you have little time available.
For 2 Person(s)
- 200 g dry pasta (I used linguine)
- 1 handful of fresh spinach (remove tough stalks)
- 100 g smoked salmon
- 70 g cream cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Pasta with cream cheese, smoked salmon and spinach Directions
- In a large pot with boiling, salted water, cook pasta (long type, like linguine or fettuccine) following the manufacturer's instructions. Halfway through cooking, set aside in a small bowl, 1 - 2 tablespoons of cooking water.
- Add cream cheese to the cooking water and mix everything until you get creamy sauce.
- In a pan heat a teaspoon of olive oil, then add smoked salmon, previously cut into small pieces and cook for a minute.
- Add coarsely chopped spinach. Cook stirring occasionally for about 1 - 2 minutes, then turn off the heat and wait until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain pasta and add to salmon and spinach. Pour in cream cheese sauce and turn on the heat to medium flame. Cook if necessary for few minutes to make the cream cheese sauce more thick.
- Before serving, add salt and pepper and some fresh lemon juice (about ½ tablespoon) for a little bit of acidity.
Pasta is one of my favorite dishes in my house!!! Thank you for this recipe!! - Roberta Shae