Thick crust oven baked pizza
This is a simple recipe for a super soft, thick crust, oven baked pizza. It can be topped with anything you like. In this version I have chosen some tomato sauce mixed with oregano and olive oil, then some fresh cherry tomatoes, black olives and mozzarella for the garnish.
For 2 Person(s)
Ingredients for the dough
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 170 ml warm water
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- extra virgin olive oil (to grease the baking tray)
Ingredients for the sauce
- 180 ml tomato sauce
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 125 g mozzarella cheese (I used classic Italian cheese but you can use any type of cheese)
- 4 (or more) cherry tomatoes
- some black olives
Thick crust oven baked pizza Directions
- Stir together yeast, sugar and warm water and set aside for 5 minutes until foamy.
- Mix together flour, salt and oil in a bowl. Add water/yeast mixture and begin to knead.
- Knead the dough 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until it doubles the volume (about 1 hour - 1 hour and a half).
- While the dough is raising prepare your sauce by mixing the tomato sauce with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt and oregano. Set aside.
- Lightly grease a baking tray (my 18 x 24 cm). Do not deflate the dough, instead put it gently into the baking tray and spread it with your hands. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until puffed, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat static oven to 250° C. Spred the sauce gently on the dough and bake it 8 minutes. After this time add mozzarella and bake for another 4 minutes. Add your cheese earlier if you wish to have it more melted.
I didn't like the topping (I made 4 cheese pizza) but it was pretty high and fluffy. - Stew Patrick