Thick crust oven baked pizza
A simple recipe for a super soft, thick crust, oven baked pizza. It can be topped with anything you like. In the version I have chosen some sauce with the addition of oregano, some fresh cherry tomatoes, black olives and mozzarella.
For 2 Person(s)
Ingredients for the dough
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 170 ml warm water
- 200 g bread flour
- 50 g all-purpose flour
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- extra virgin olive oil (to grease the baking tray)
Ingredients for the topping
- 180 ml tomato sauce
- 0.5 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- salt to taste
- 125 g mozzarella cheese
- 4 (or more) cherry tomatoes
- some black olives
Thick crust oven baked pizza Directions
- In a cup stir together yeast, sugar and warm water and set aside for 5 minutes until foamy.
- In a bowl mix together the flour with the salt and oil. Add water with yeast and stir.
- Knead the dough by hand about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume (about 1 hour - 1 hour and a half).
- While the dough is raising prepare your sauce by mixing the tomato sauce with 1 teaspoon of olive oil, salt and oregano and set aside.
- Lightly grease a baking tray (about 18 x 24 cm). Do not deflate the dough instead put it gently into the baking tray and spread it with your hands. Cover the pan with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until puffed, about 20 - 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 250° C. Cover the dough gently with the sauce and bake for 8 minutes. After this time add the mozzarella and bake for another 4 minutes. If you wish to have the mozzarella cheese melted more, add it earlier.
- Let the pizza cool for 5 minutes in the baking tray after which take it out, garnish with olives and chopped fresh cherry tomatoes and serve hot.
I didn't like the topping (I made 4 cheese pizza) but it was pretty high and fluffy. - Stew Patrick