Focaccia with buckwheat flour and Greek yogurt
Simple Italian focaccia with intense buckwheat flavor. Healthy and soft homemade bread.
Waiting time 3h
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 g buckwheat flour
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g (about) potato
- 170 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 g active dry yeast
- 250 ml (or less) water
- olive oil and coarse salt to taste
Focaccia with buckwheat flour and Greek yogurt Directions
- In a bowl mix two flours with sugar and dry yeast. Add Greek yogurt (at room temperature) and mashed potato (previously peeled and boiled until soft).
- Mix and add oil and salt. Work the dough gradually adding water for about 10 minutes. The dough will be sticky. Place the dough in a slightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, deflate the dough and transfer it to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Pour some olive oil over the dough and your hands and gently flatten yoyr focaccia until you get the desired shape. Cover with a cotton cloth and let it rise in a warm place for 45 minutes - 1 hour.
- Prick the surface of focaccia with your fingertips. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some coarse salt.
(vegetarian, lactose free)