Focaccia with buckwheat flour and Greek yogurt
Simple Italian focaccia with intense buckwheat flavor. Healthy and soft homemade bread.
Waiting time 3h
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 g buckwheat flour
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 300 g (about) potato
- 170 g Greek yogurt
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 g active dry yeast
- 250 ml (or less) water
- olive oil and coarse salt to taste
Focaccia with buckwheat flour and Greek yogurt Directions
- In a bowl mix two flours with sugar and dry yeast. Add Greek yogurt (at room temperature) and mashed potato (previously peeled and boiled until soft).
- Mix and add oil and salt. Work the dough gradually adding water for about 10 minutes. The dough will be sticky. Place the dough in a slightly oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place in a warm place for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, deflate the dough and transfer it to a baking tray lined with baking paper. Pour some olive oil over the dough and your hands and gently flatten yoyr focaccia until you get the desired shape. Cover with a cotton cloth and let it rise in a warm place for 45 minutes - 1 hour. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Prick the surface of focaccia with your fingertips. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with some coarse salt.
(vegetarian, lactose free)
What a great focaccia recipe! - Elizabelth