No-knead focaccia with fresh herbs and squash blossoms
This no-knead focaccia is a simple, soft and very aromatic Italian bread thanks to the addition of fresh herbs and squash or zucchini flowers. Must try!
Waiting time 3h
For 4 Person(s)
- 400 g all-purpose flour
- 100 g whole wheat flour
- 4 g active dry yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 400 ml (or more) warm water
- fresh herbs (basil, dill, thyme) to taste
- zucchini or squash blossoms
- olive oil
No-knead focaccia with fresh herbs and squash blossoms Directions
- In a large bowl mix flour, salt, sugar and active dry yeast. Add lukewarm water and mix with a spoon for a couple of minutes until there are no visible flower lumps. The dough should be quite soft but not runny. Adjust with flour and water if necessary.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 2 hours. During these 2 hours you can make stretch and fold folds every 30 minutes, to improve the texture of the dough, but it is not necessary. To make s&f folds dip your hand in the water, take a flap of the dough near the edge of the bowl, stretch it slightly up and then bend it over the dough. Repeat this process until you have created 4 - 5 folds.
- After 2 hours place the dough over a baking tray covered with baking paper. Wet your hands and stretch the dough until you get the shape you desire. Add some olive oil on top, fresh aromatic herbs and squash or zucchini flowers. Let it rise for another hour.
(vegetarian, lactose free)
I was pretty curious because I have never seen a focaccia like this. It turned out amazing. Going to...
See Full Review >> - Sally