Super soft panfocaccia
A combination of bread and focaccia. Easy, soft and delicious.
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 240 ml water
- 7 g active dry yeast (see the notes)*
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 80 g olive oil + more for the crust
Super soft panfocaccia Directions
- In a large bowl mix flour with dry yeast and sugar. Add water and stir. As soon as the flour begins to form a dough, let it rest for about 5 minutes (the flour will absorb the water and it will be easier to knead later)
- At this point add oil and salt and knead the dough for at least 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Form a ball, transfer it to a slightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with some plastic wrap and let rise the dough for about 1 hour (or 2 hours if you have halved the yeast).
- After this period of time gently transfer the dough onto a baking tray covered with baking paper and without deflating it excessively, flatten the dough to give it the desired shape.
- Let the dough rise the second time for about half an hour (or 1 hour) then prick the dough with your fingertips and rub panfocaccia with more olive oil.
In case you would like to keep your focaccia, pizza, brioche or bread more fresh, all you have to do is divide the yeast in half and extend the leavening time.