Green focaccia with cherry tomatoes and cheese
A soft green focaccia with the addition of spinach. This simple focaccia bread with tomatoes and cheese is tasty and fragrant. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
Waiting time 1h 30m
For 4 Person(s)
- 250 g fresh spinach
- 150 ml spinach cooking water (warm)
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 1 tsp honey
- 500 g bread flour
- 1 tsp (or more) salt
- 60 ml olive oil
- 4 (or more) cherry tomatoes
- 60 g hard cheese (I used scamorza)
Green focaccia with cherry tomatoes and cheese Directions
- Boil the spinach for 2 minutes in boiling water (do not put salt in the water). Drain and blend with the oil and 1 teaspoon of salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Mix 150 ml of spinach cooking water (warm not hot) with the dry yeast and honey. Put aside for 5 minutes until it becomes bubbly.
- In a large bowl mix the flour with the yeast. Add the spinach and stir again.
- Knead the dough for at least 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Grease a bowl with a little olive oil, laid the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until it doubles the volume for 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, trasfer the dough and spread it out with your hands, stretching it evenly. Cut the tomatoes in half. With the tip of the knife or the little spoon take out the seeds from the tomatoes. Press them gently into the dough together with the cheese (previously cut into cubes). Cover the focaccia with a cotton cloth and set aside to let it raise again for about 30 minutes.
I'm loving the idea. That looks amazing and fun. I'll definitely make this for my boys! - Cleo