Italian focaccia with durum wheat flour
Delicious Italian focaccia with 100% durum wheat flour. More dense, a little bit lower, but packed with flavor.
Waiting time 2h 40m
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g durum wheat flour
- 280 ml (or more) warm water
- 60 ml olive oil + more for garnish
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt + coarse salt for garnish
- 4 g active dry yeast
- fresh rosemary for garnish
Italian focaccia with durum wheat flour Directions
- In a bowl mix the flour with the sugar and dry yeast. Add the warm water and begin to mix.
- When the mixture begins to take form, continue to knead and add the salt and olive oil.
- Knead for 10 minutes (if the dough seems too hard, add another bit of water). When the dough becomes smooth and elastic form a ball, place it in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 2 hours or until the dough doubles the volume. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Grease your hands wth some olive oil. Deflate the dough and roll it out using your palms on a baking tray dusted with durum wheat flour. Cover with a cotton cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- After this time, prick the dough with your fingertips, grease your hands again and spread more oil on the surface of the cake. Sprinkle with coarse salt, add some fresh rosemary and let rise again for another 30 minutes.
(vegetarian, lactose free)
I had some durum flour so I was pretty curious to make this. It was pretty good. DIfferent. More den...
See Full Review >> - Loreline