Tomato and garlic focaccia
The simplest, the most delicious, soft and tasty focaccia with tomatoes and garlic.
Waiting time 1h 10m
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g bread flour
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 300 ml warm water
- 1 tsp salt
- 50 ml olive oil
- some garlic cloves
- some small tomatoes
- olive oil to brush the focaccia
- semolina flour to dust the pan (optional)
Tomato and garlic focaccia Directions
- In a small bowl stir together the yeast, sugar and warm water and set aside for 5 -10 minutes until it creates the foam.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour with the salt. Add water with yeast, oil and begin to mix.
- Knead the dough by hand for at least 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Spread a bowl with a little oil, laid the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until it doubles the volume for about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle it with a little semolina flour. Trasfer the dough and spread it out with your hands, stretching it evenly. Cut the tomatoes in half and peel the garlic. With the tip of the knife or the little spoon take out the seeds from the tomatoes. Press gently the tomatoes and garlic. Cover with a cotton cloth and set aside until the dough becomes puffy again (about 30 minutes).
- Spread the focaccia with some olive oil and bake in a preheated oven at 220° C for 20 - 25 minutes (my focaccia is slightly darker because my family likes the smoky taste of cherry tomatoes) or until it becomes golden. Transfer onto a grid to cool down completely before serving.
This is a great focaccia. Also, I add thyme and rosemary during the initial knead. Top with salt and...
See Full Review >> - kellyk