Mini focaccias with cumin, coriander and mint
These delicious little focaccias were served to me by a friend together with an excellent vegetable stew. I immediately stole the recipe and I modified it slightly. These buns are soft and very tasty with the addition of spices and onion. Tasty both cold and hot. Perfect with the hot dishes like vegetable and legume stews.
For 4 Person(s)
- 380 g bread flour
- 70 g wheat flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 280 ml warm water
- 0.5 medium onion
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander seeds
- 3 tsp fresh or dried mint
Mini focaccias with cumin, coriander and mint Directions
- In a dry pan toast, for a couple of minutes, coriander and cumin seeds. Pour the spices in a mortar, add the dried mint and crush everything. If you use fresh mint crush coriander and cumin and add the finely chopped mint leaves.
- In a large bowl sift the flour and salt. In a bowl, dissolve yeast, water and sugar. Pour the mixture in the center of the flour and let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough by hand for 10 minutes or in an stand mixer with a dough hook for 5 - 8 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Lightly grease a bowl with some olive oil, transfer the dough in it, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it doubled the volume.
- Deflate the dough and divide it into 8 to 10 equal parts. Roll each piece of dough into a ball, make it flat and place on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Cover with a cotton cloth for 15 minutes during which you are going to prepare the topping.
- Finely chop the onion and mix it with spices and oil. Spread the onion mixture on the buns.
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C and bake the mini focaccias for 15 - 20 minutes until golden.
Very good Focaccia! I used a very high protein European style bread flour and it was great. - richardb