Soft and fragrant calzone with cheese
These calzones are tasty and fragrant thanks to the addition of basil and tomato paste directly into the dough. The stuffing is made of melted cheese to you liking. Easy and delicious.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp dry basil
- 200 g (or more) mixed cheese of your choice
- 500 g all-purpose flour
- 300 ml water
- 1 cucchiaino active dry yeast
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 30 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil mixed with water
Soft and fragrant calzone with cheese Directions
- In a large bowl, combine flour with active dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add olive oil and water and start mixing.
- Knead the dough for 10 minutes until it becomes elastic. At this point add tomato paste and dry basil and knead until smooth.
- Create a ball, place it in a slightly greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour and half or until it doubles the volume.
- After this time deflate the dough, divide it into equal parts (4 large calzone or 6 - 8 small ones). Use your hands or rolling pin to stretch the dough then stuff each piece with grated cheese. Fold the dough in half, pressing the edges together and crimping them to seal and then folding the edge over itself. Place your calzone on a baking tray covered with baking paper.
- Cover with the cotton cloth and let rise for another half an hour - 45 minutes. Prepare your calzone by brushing them with water mixed in equal parts with olive oil.