Frying pan made stuffed calzone
In case you do not want to turn on the oven for same amazing stuffed pizza (Italian calzone), I give you a recipe for calzone made in the frying pan or skillet. The dough is very tasty with the addition of eggs and milk and it is very nice to work with being elastic and smooth.
For 4 Person(s)
- 450 g bread flour
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 1 tsp zucchero
- 180 ml warm milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 egg
- some slices of ham
- grated cheese to your liking
- pickled cucumbers
- red or white onion
Frying pan made stuffed calzone Directions
- In a bowl mix the flour with the dry yeast, sugar and salt. Add the olive oil, 1 egg and milk and begin to knead. Add more milk or flour if necessary.
- Knead the dough by hand or stand mixer with the dough hook until it becomes smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume (about 1 hour - 1 hour and a half).
- Deflate the dough, divide it into equal parts and roll out each piece with a rolling pin into a oval shape. Put some slices of ham, a few tablespoons of grated cheese, some onion and sliced pickled cucumbers.
- Fold the dough in half, pressing the edges together and crimping them to seal with a fork and then folding the edge over itself. Heat the frying pan and cook the calzoni on both sides on medium - low heat until golden brown (about 2 - 3 minutes on each side).
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce.
That looks super yummy. I love italian calzone! - Jaimie