Soft buns with barley coffee
Soft, delicate and delicious. With amazing consistency and with a light aftertaste of barley coffee. Perfect both for breakfast and for a afternoon snack.
Waiting time 2h
For 4 Person(s)
- 500 g bread flour
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 330 ml milk
- 40 g butter
- 0.25 cup barley malt syrup(you can substitute it with dark honey)
- 5 tsp instant barley coffee
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 egg + 1 tbsp milk (optional)
Soft buns with barley coffee Directions
- In a small saucepan heat the milk with barley malt syrup and butter, stir until the lbutter is completely dissolved. Set aside to make it lukewarm.
- In a bowl, sift the flour. Add the dry yeast and instant barley coffee and stir.
- Add the milk mix to the flour and begin to knead. After a couple of minutes, add the salt. Knead the dough until it becomes smooth and homogeneous.
- Create a ball, wrapped in a lightly greased bowl and let rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until the dough doubles in volume.
- After this time, deflate the dough. Knead briefly and divide it into many equal parts. Create balls of dough and lay them on baking tray lined with some parchment paper, cover with a cotton cloth and let rise for another hour.
- Brush the buns with some egg mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk. Bake in preheated conventional oven at 190 °C for 20 - 25 minutes.
Very interesting. I have some barley syrup in my fridge just waiting to be used for something differ...
See Full Review >> - Patrick