Easy breakfast buns
These soft rolls with a slightly crisp crust are tasty and easy to bake. Perfect with some jam for breakfast or a snack with hazelnut cream.
For 4 Person(s)
- 200 g bread flour
- 200 g all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 7 g active dry yeast* (see the notes to halve the yeast)
- 120 ml warm milk
- 175 ml warm water
Easy breakfast buns Directions
- Mix the two flours with the salt, sugar and dry yeast. Add the milk and water, and start mixing.
- Knead the dough by hand for at least 10 minutes until it becomes elastic and smooth. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour and a half. The rising times are approximate, it can take more or less time depending on the temperature of the environment, the freshness of the yeast, the strength of the flour and other factors not related to the recipe.
- Deflate the dough. Divide into 8 - 10 parts. Shape the dough pieces into balls. Transfer the balls (leaving large spaces between them) on a baking tray lined with parchment paper and sprinkle with flour. Cover with a cotton cloth and let rise for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 220° C. Using a wooden spoon handle or non-cutting part of a kitchen knife press the bun in the middle to make a split.
- Bake for 13 - 15 minutes until the rolls are golden brown.
* To keep your bread, rolls, pizzas, focaccia and other yeast dough recipes soft and fragrant for longer, you need to cut the amount of active dry yeast in half and extend the rising time
It was easy and turned out really great. Ill definitely make this again - farvp