Homemade hamburger buns
Soft and tasty, these hamburger buns are surprisingly easy to prepare at home.
For 8 Serving(s)
- 110 g butter
- 240 ml milk
- 2 tsp honey
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 130 g bread flour
- 260 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp salt
- Vegetable oil to grease the bowl
- sesame seeds for garnish (optional)
Homemade hamburger buns Directions
- Melt the butter (except 2 tablespoons) on low heat with honey. Pour into a bowl and add the room temperature milk. Add the dry yeast, stir and let it become foamy for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the egg, flour, sugar and salt to the yeast mixture. Knead by hand or with a dough hook in the stand mixer for 8 - 10 minutes. The dough will be sticky.
- Lightly grease a bowl with the olive oil and transfer the dough in it. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour or until doubled the volume.
- Deflate the dough. Divide into 8 - 10 equal parts. Roll each piece of dough into a ball, flatten the ball and place on a baking tray (or two) lined with baking paper. Let enough space between a roll and the other. Melt 2 tablespoons butter that you have put aside. Spread the rolls with half of melted butter. Cover loosely with a plastic wrap and let rise until puffy for another hour.
- If you like sprinkle some sesame seeds on the buns.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 - 190° C for 18 - 20 minutes. Brush gently with the remaining melted butter as soon as they get out of the oven.
The sesame seeds don't stick to the bun but they are quite soft. 4 stars - Monica B