Mini pumpkin scones
Mini pumpkin scones are small orange sandwiches made with baking powder instead of yeast. These delicious scones smell of pumpkin and lemon. They are not too sweet and have a light texture. Original recipe can be found here.
For 4 Person(s)
- 350 g all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 50 g cold butter
- 2 eggs
- 20 ml milk
- some lemon zest
- 250 g pumpkin puree
Mini pumpkin scones Directions
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl. Add the salt, sugar and cold butter cut into small pieces. Briefly mix with your hands until the butter has crumbled.
- In a second bowl whisk the eggs, pumpkin puree, milk and lemon zest.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the bowl with the flour and stir until incorporated. The dough will be very sticky. Do not be tempted to add more flour.
- Pour everything on a generously floured surface. Sprinkle with more flour and roll out the dough into a half inch sheet. Cut the desired size using a sharp edge glass or a cookie cutter. Put the mini scones on a baking tray lined with baking paper gently removing the excess of flour.
- Preheat oven to 220° C and bake the scones for about 12 - 15 minutes. They are excellent served hot.
I love scones. These looks so delicious. - Lucius