60 slams sourdough bread with grated apple
This sourdough homemade bread has a strong flavor and intense aroma. Slightly sweet with the addition of apples with the thin but crispy crust.
Waiting time 3h 30m
For 4 Person(s)
- 300 g apple
- 100 ml (or less) warm water
- 200 g active liquid sourdough starter
- 0.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 500 g strong bread flour
- 1.5 tsp salt
60 slams sourdough bread with grated apple Directions
- In a bowl mix the warm water with the yeast. Wait 3 minutes and add the liquid sourdough and the grated apple.
- In a bowl mix the flour with the salt. Add the yeast mixture and stir briefly without kneading the dough. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
- After this time lightly grease your hands with some olive oil. Take the dough and knead it for 10 seconds. Gather the dough and slam it on the work surface. You have to slam the dough 60 times each time picking it up but without kneading it. After you have slammed it all 60 times place it in a lightly greased bowl and let rest for 10 minutes.
- After this time take the dough and slam it other 60 times, then again place it in the bowl for 10 minutes.
- The third time, slam the dough again 60 times. By now it should be more homogeneous and without lumps of flour but still sticky. Lay it in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place for 1.5 - 2 hours.
- At this point put some flour on your hands, deflate the dough, flatten it on a lightly floured work surface, fold the outer edges towards the center and then do the same with the top and the bottom edge. Gather the dough and lay it in a bread basket, in a bowl with a cotton cloth or in my case the earthenware bowl. All such containers should be widely floured so that the dough will not stick to them. Cover with plastic wrap or a cotton cloth. Make the dough rise another hour or hour and a half in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven at 210 °C. In the lower shelf place a baking tray with some hot water to create steam in the oven.
Hi. Interesting take on a Sourdough. I tend to bake mine at higher termperatured. I must try lower t...
See Full Review >> - Dad In The Kitchen
Thank you Dad In The Kitchen. Normally I bake my sourdough bread in higher temperature but this one ...
See Full Review >> - Foodohfood