No Knead Bread - baked in glass casserole
No Knead Bread - is a easy bread recipe that for some years became famous among food bloggers. The process is very simple and requires very few steps. The dough doesn't need to be knead but it has to rest overnight in the refrigerator so you can bake it the next morning. The one element that is required is oven proof glass casserole or dutch oven pot. All of them with the lid. This version uses two types of flour and flax seed. The bread is very tasty with super crispy crust.
For 4 Person(s)
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 2.5 cup warm water
- 2 tsp sugar
- 350 g bread flour
- 200 g whole wheat flour
- 0.5 cup (or more) sunflower, pumpkin or flax seed
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
No Knead Bread - baked in glass casserole Directions
- In a very large bowl pour the warm water. Add the dry yeast and sugar, stir and set aside for 5 minutes until the yeast becomes frothy.
- Add the oil, two types of flour, the seeds and at the end the salt (the salt must always be added at the end). Stir the mixture with a wooden spoon until all ingredients are combined. The dough should be thick and sticky. The consistency of the mixture depends on the humidity of your flour. If necessary, add a few tablespoons of water, or a few tablespoons of flour.
- Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- The next morning take the dough from the refrigerator.
- Sprinkle a flat surface with flour (a plate or a cutting board). Flour your hands, sprinkle the dough with more flour and take it out from the bowl. Give it a oval shape place it over the floured surface. Cover with a cotton cloth and let rest for about 40 minutes.
- Take your glass casserole and put it in the oven (including the lid), and turn the oven to 220° C.
- As soon as the oven reaches that temperature carefully pick the pan from the oven, remove the lid, flour your hands and move your dough into the pan, cut the loaf a couple of times with the sharp knife (so the bread does not break while baking), cover with a lid and put in the oven.
- Lower position the temperature to 200° C and bake the bread first 30 minutes with the lid and then another 20 minutes without. Once baked take it out from the baking pan (if the bread does not want to come off the pan was not heated enough) and let cool completely on a kitchen rack before slicing.
I love no knead bread. i'm trying this one! - littlejeni