Whole wheat homemade Naan bread
I love homemade bread and this delicious skillet made bread is no exception. Aromatic and dense, this Indian bread, with the addition of whole wheat flour, is prepared in a few steps and is so full of flavour that it disappears faster than the time it takes to be prepared.
For 4 Person(s)
- 150 ml warm milk
- 1 egg
- 7 g active dry yeast
- 2 tsp honey
- 150 ml plain yogurt
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 200 g bread flour
- 250 g whole wheat flour
Whole wheat homemade Naan bread Directions
- In a bowl stir together dry yeast, honey and warm milk and set aside for 5 - 10 minutes until it creates the foam.
- In a large bowl mix together the flour with the salt. Add the milk with yeast, oil, yogurt, egg and begin to mix.
- Knead the dough by hand for at least 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Spread a bowl with a little oil, laid the dough, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside in a warm place until it doubles the volume for about 1 hour.
- Deflate the dough and divide it into 6 - 10 equal parts. Preheat the frying pan or skillet. On a lightly floured surface roll out the pieces of dough creating discs 0.5 to 1 cm high. Put the disc on the pan for 60 - 90 seconds, flip it to the other side and cook for another 30 - 60 seconds. You have to experiment with the flame because too high heat will burn the bread while too low flame will make it too dry at the end of cooking. The best temperature is when the dough creates some bubbles on the surface while cooking.
- Place the naan on the plate and continue the process until you finish all the dough. This bread is perfect with soups or stews.
We are definitely Naan lovers. My husband could eat it everyday if I left him; well me too. ? - zainab queen