Soft bread with evaporated milk and nuts
This soft and tasty bread is a crossing between bread and brioche. Condensed milk makes it particularly fragrant and the addition of nuts gives it a crunchy touch and it gently smells like honey.
For 4 Person(s)
Ingredients for the yeast mix
- 1.5 tsp active dry yeast
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- 60 ml warm water
- 0.5 cup unsweetened condensed milk
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp salt
- 120 g wholemeal flour
- 200 g bread flour
- 1 handful chopped walnuts
Soft bread with evaporated milk and nuts Directions
- In a bowl mix dry yeast, sugar and warm water and set aside let stand until foamy, about 5 – 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl unite condensed milk, 2 tablespoons of water, oil, honey, salt, wheat flour and stir.
- Add the yeast mixture and bread flour to the liquid batter and helping yourself with a wood spoon stir until it begins to form a ball.
- Knead the dough by hand for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and even. This process can also do so in the food processor with a dough hook.
- Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover it with a plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume (about 1 hour - 1 hour and a half).
- Deflate the dough then add the walnuts and knead briefly.
- Form a loaf. Place in a loaf tin, previously lined with parchment paper, cover with a cotton cloth and let it become puffy for another half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190° C and bake the loaf for 25 - 35 minutes. Remove from the oven and wait 5 minutes before taking out the bread from the tin. This bread is also delicious the next day.
I would like tear a piece and chew it right now! Love that bread! ? ela - ela