No salt bread with cooked rice
This delicious bread without salt, with the addition of cooked rice, surprises with its texture and its flavor. Personally I find it perfect with cheeses and marmalade. Since it contains no salt it is great for toddlers. The recipe has been adapted from notquitenigella.com.
For 4 Person(s)
- 80 g rice
- 370 g bread flour
- 87 g dry yeast
- 240 ml water at room temperature
- extra virgin olive oil
No salt bread with cooked rice Directions
- Cook the rice following the instructions on the box or your usual method and set aside to cool.
- Mix flour with dry yeast, add the rice and mix together.
- Next, add water and knead for about 10 minutes by hand or 5 minutes with electric mixer fitted with a dough hook attachment. The dough is little sticky because of the rice so you need to have some patience.
- Grease a large bowl with oil, shape the dough into a ball using lightly greased hands and put it into the bowl. Cover with a layer of plastic wrap and put in a warm place to rise for at least 1 hour or until it doubled the volume.
- Punch down the dough, knead for 1 minute and transfer to a loaf tin greased and sprinkled with flour. Brush the loaf gently with more oil, cover with a cotton cloth and let it rest in a warm place for another 30 - 45 minutes until it rises again.
- Preheat oven to 200° C. Bake the loaf for 35 - 40 minutes. Let it cool for a few minutes and remove it from the tin.
Fascinating! Love the sound of this one! Thanks for sharing. xo - jannefer