Baked Brie in puff pastry
A simple but effective appetizer for cheese lovers. These baked brie cheese in puff pastry is prepared in a very short time and it is a fantastic Christmas appetizer or to be served at brunch with friends and family.
For 2 Person(s)
- 1 sheet of puff pastry
- 2 (or more) small round brie
- some apricot jam
- 1 egg mixed with 1 tbsp water
Baked Brie in puff pastry Directions
- Divide the pastry into rectangles large enough to cover your cheese. If you like a splace a spoonful of apricot jam in the center of the pastry then place over the cheese.
- Gently fold the edges of the pastry over the brie up and seal it completely.
- If you have some remaining puff pastry you cut out some shapes (using cookies cutter) and place them on the top of cheese. Brush the package with some egg mixed with a tablespoon of water to make them shiny and golden after baking.
- Bake in preheated oven at 200° C for 15-20 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown. Take out from the oven, let rest for a few minutes and serve hot.
This was lovely. I've put some Honey instead of The jam. Yummy. - Barni B little