Raw zucchini rolls with cream cheese and nut filling
A simple and delicious appetizer with raw zucchini. The soft filling of cream cheese acquires flavor thanks to lemon juice and basil. The walnuts give crunchiness to the whole appetizer creating a balance for the palate. The recipe has been adapted from Gordon Ramsey’s recipe.
For 3 Person(s)
- 1 medium zucchini
- 150 g cream cheese
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 0.5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- salt to taste
- handful of walnuts
Raw zucchini rolls with cream cheese and nut filling Directions
- In a bowl mix the cheese with the lemon juice, olive oil and freshly chopped basil. Add salt, pepper and a handful of chopped nuts previously roasted on a dry pan for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Wash the zucchini and cut off the tips. With a potato peeler cut out long strips of zucchini.
- Lie the strips on a cutting board. Sprinkle them with salt and pepper, and brush lightly with olive oil.
- Put approximately 1 teaspoon of cheese mix on each strip.
- Gently roll the zucchini strip over the cheese. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper, garnish with fresh basil and serve.
Yummy And Pretty. My Kind of food.:D - Johnyy