Grilled bell peppers with creamy tuna filling
A very tasty and colorful vegetable appetizer. An union of the sweetness of bell peppers and the salty taste of the tuna cream. The cream itself is very fragrant; a mix of flavors between cream cheese and anchovies, capers and mustard.
For 4 Person(s)
- 4 bell peppers ( I used 2 red and 2 yellow )
- 300 g canned tuna
- 200 g cream cheese (I used crescenza cheese )
- 4 anchovy fillets in oil
- 1 tbsp salted capers
- 30 g bread crumbs
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 0.5 garlic clove
- 1 small onion
- extra virgin olive oil to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
Grilled bell peppers with creamy tuna filling Directions
- Wash and dry bell peppers and put them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Roast the vegetables for about 30 minutes (flipping the peppers 2 times) in a preaheted oven at 200 °C for about 30 minutes. After this time take out the pan from the oven and, being careful not to burn yourself, immediately cover bell peppers with aluminum foil. After 15 minutes remove the foil, peel the peppers and remove stems and seeds. Cut your vegetables into long large slices. Dry them on a paper towel and set aside.
- Rinse the salt out of the anchovies and capers and put them into a blender. Add drained tuna, cheese, breadcrumbs, mustard, balsamic vinegar and garlic. Blend everything until you get a smooth cream. Pour the mixture into a bowl and add chopped onion. Stir, cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for half an hour.
- Roll out the strips of bell pepper. Spread with tuna mix and gently create a roll. Use the same method until you finish all the rolls.
These take a little time to make but are really tasty, four stars. - jammieklo