Tuna and artichokes sandwiches
An idea for a simple but very tasty sandwich with steamed artichokes and tuna.
For 2 Person(s)
- 2 buns
- 4 (or more) fresh artichokes
- good quality tuna in oil to taste
- lemon juice to taste
- baby spinach to taste
- mayonnaise to taste
Tuna and artichokes sandwiches Directions
- The following step may be prepared the day before. Wear disposable gloves or rub your hands with lemon juice to prevent them turning black while cleaning the artichokes.
Clean the artichokes by removing the outer leaves until you get to the heart of the artichoke which has a lighter color. Cut the tip of the artichoke and the stem leaving only the tender part. Divide the artichokes in half, remove the inner fluff and peel the stem. Put the artichokes in a bowl with cold water and the lemon juice and continue in this way until you clean all the artichokes.Steam the artichokes approximately 15 - 20 minutes or until they are tender. Put the artichokes aside to make them cool down.
- Divide the artichokes into smaller pieces, add the lemon juice and salt to taste and stir.
- Divide the buns in half. Place some baby spinach on both pieces, put the artichokes on the first half of the bun and previously drained tuna on the other half. Add the mayonnaise to taste. Join the two parts of the bun and serve.
(diet, lactose free)
i love artichokes. Great idea, thank you - vanilla-beatrix