Creamy mortadella stuffed puff pastry leaves
Here's for you another way to use the puff pastry and creating quick and delicious appetizers. This recipe offers a version of puff pastry filled with baloney spread and baked in a way to look like palm leaves.
For 4 Person(s)
- 1 puff pastry sheet
- 70 g baloney
- 80 g cream cheese
Creamy mortadella stuffed puff pastry leaves Directions
- Blend the ricotta with baloney until you create a fairly smooth paste.
- Roll out a rectangle of puff pastry and spread on the baloney paste.
- Lift the left edge of the dough and fold it, bringing it to the center and folding it on itself (as pictured). Repeat the same operation with the right pasta flap.
- Fold gently the right part on the left side and press it slightly so as to adhere the layers.
- Cut the dough into slices about 1,5 cm wide.
- Place the pieces, spaced between each other, on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. The pieces should be placed on the baking tray on the cut side down (with baloney paste visible) to have space to open up. Bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 10 - 15 minutes.
So pretty and looks “delious” What a creative idea! - Shari