Soft beer pretzel
These wonderful soft pretzel get their particular flavor and texture thanks to the addition of ale beer. For this recipe I used amazing Neapolitan beer Kbirr *. This beer, called the Heart of Naples, is an American Pale Ale, fresh, with a deep flavour, slightly citrusy, I highly recommend these ale for beer related recipes but also for simple tasting.
For 8 Serving(s)
- 240 ml ale beer (me Kbirr - Cuore di Napoli)
- 60 ml water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp active dry yeast
- 0.5 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 460 g all-purpose flour
- 40 g wholemeal flour
- 6 cups water
- 0.25 cup baking soda
Soft beer pretzel Directions
- In a bowl mix the flour with sugar and active dry yeast. Combine 60 ml of water, 200 ml of beer and 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Work the dough until you see no lumps of flour.
- At this point add the remaining 40 ml of beer mixed with salt. Work the dough by hand or with a stand mixer fitted with a dough hook for 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Transfer the dough into a lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for about 2 hours or until it doubles the volume.
- At this point deflate the dough and divide it into equal parts. Create long strips of dough (about 40 cm long) and put them on a baking tray covered with baking paper to make them rise for another 30 minutes.
- After this time take a strip of dough and cut into 4 threads like in the foto below.
- Cut the other part of the strip in half and create the heart as in the picture. Seal the tip well using a drop of water. Proceed in this way with all the strips to create heart shaped pretzels.
- Bring six cups of water to a boil, and then add the baking soda (be carefully it will foam up). Gently take your pretzel and place one at time in boiling water for 1 minute. Flip and boil for one more minute. Move your heart to a baking tray with baking paper and then continue with the rest of the prepared pretzels.
Thanks to the Kbirr - for giving me amazing beers to prepare this delicious recipe. The products are of excellent quality and flavor. I was struck by funny and modern packaging but above all by the deep flavor of their beers. A unique experience.