Homemade 3 cheese crackers
These homemade cheese crackers are quick and easy to make. Instead of buying products full of food additives you can try this recipe and enjoy these crackers as an addition to salads , as an alternative to croutons for soups or simply as tasty snacks.
For 1 Batch(es)
- 70 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g cold butter
- 3 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp di pecorino cheese
- 3 tbsp another kind of hard cheese
- 2 tbsp (or more) ice cold water
Homemade 3 cheese crackers Directions
- In a bowl combine flour and cold butter. Crumble the butter in between your fingers or with a fork until you get the texture of sand ( you can do it in a blender).
- Add the grated cheese and water. Mix everything together quickly and knead the dough until it's smooth. If necessary add more water. Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Take the dough out of the fridge and put it on a lightly floured surface and roll out with a rolling pin into 0.5 cm (max) thick sheet. Cut out desired shapes with cookie cutters and lay the crackers on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C (356° F) and bake the crackers for about 10 -15 minutes . The thinner the crackers are quicker they will bake. When you notice that they are slightly puffed and/or they are becoming golden around the edges then they are ready. You need to cool them completely to have them crispy.
Excelent recipe. Love it. - Kasia