Garlic and parmesan popovers
These puffy and flavorful popovers are a great way to please your guests. The version I present to you are popovers with Parmesan cheese and garlic. Great for dinner parties or as an appetizer. Although the original recipe requires a popover pan, with this recipe you can use a simple muffin pan.
For 6 Serving(s)
- 180 ml milk
- 2 garlic cloves
- 0.25 tsp salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
- 1 tsp chopped parsley
- 1 egg
- 60 g all-purpose flour
- 30 g melted butter
- 0.5 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Garlic and parmesan popovers Directions
- To start pour the milk into a bowl. Add the crushed garlic, salt and pepper and an egg. Mix everything well with a whisk.
- Add the sifted flour and stir several times until it is incorporated.
- Add the melted butter, grated cheese and chopped parsley.
- Mix well and pour into a container with a spout to facilitate the transfer of the batter into the pan.
- For this recipe I used a muffin pan which I have brushed generously with olive oil. Preheat oven to 230 ° C. Place the empty pan in the over for 5 minutes to heat it.
- As soon as the pan is preheated pour the mixture into it by alternating the spaces on the tray up to 3/4 maximum height. Do not exceed this measure or the popovers will pour out of the mold.
- Bake 15 minutes at 230° C. After 15 minutes lower the temperature to 180° C and cook for about 10 minutes.
- With a sharp knife make small holes in the popovers to remove excess air. Take out from the molds and serve immediately.
I expected more garlic flavour. - josh